Hollyglen is a neighborhood in Hawthorne California that has much more in common with Manhattan Beach than it does the rest of Hawthorne. Here are five reasons why Hollyglen is such a nice neighborhood:
1. Hollyglen is very close to the beach cities, especially Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. Located just East of Aviation Boulevard, North of Marine, West of the 405, and South of El Segundo Boulevard, the area touches both cities. The bulk of the best single family homes in Hollyglen are in the little area North of Rosecrans, East of Aviation, South of El Segundo, and West of the 405. This makes it an ideal location for someone who has to commute, as the easy freeway and airport access is terrific.
2. It is affordable. During our last brokers open, for example, there were two darling homes newly on the market, and they were both really well priced. The first home at 5453 W. 123rd was a 3 bed 2 bath listed at only $475,000. This home is on the North end of the area in the “Del Aire” section.
Now where else in the beach cities can you get 3 bedroom single family homes in good condition priced below $600,000?
3. It has an excellent school system. The parents in the area decided to form their own school system, the Wiseburn District, and secede from the Centinela Valley Unified District that serves the rest of the Hawthorne and Lawndale areas. Wiseburn now has three excellent elementary schools, an award winning middle school, and two charter high schools. Efforts to create a public high school are also underway. Test scores at these schools rival the local school districts in Torrance, Redondo Beach, and Manhattan Beach.
4. It looks like a real old-fashioned neighborhood, with tree lined streets, well kept homes, and kids playing together. There is a nice mix of retired people (substitute grandparents?), families with small children, and younger couples who do not have children yet, giving it a real small town feel and contributing to the safety of the area.
5. The original builder did quality work, and many of these homes are still in great condition, even if original! They have solid oak hardwood floors that can usually be refinished for about $7000 and had terrific floorplans that are very amenable to family room additions (which can be found in many of the homes already.)
Whenever someone comes to me and it turns out that they can’t afford the Beach, I immediately turn to Hollyglen. I have some very happy clients there too!
Here are all the listings in Hollyglen.