I love old houses, the smell of new paint, interesting architecture, and most importantly, the process of helping people realize their real estate dreams and goals. I believe life is chiefly service and that by providing you excellent service, I achieve my mission statement. I believe that the “details” of the deal are important and I make sure I think of the “what if’s” before I let my clients sign paperwork. I am considered an expert negotiator (I have even been interviewed for a radio program on this basis) and I operate on the principle that you don’t have to be disagreeable just because you disagree — this generally leads to better, less stressful outcomes for all parties while still protecting my clients.
- I have been personally involved in real estate and construction for over 20 years.
- Prior to becoming a Realtor®, I spent 28 years in executive management positions for local high technology and aerospace corporations where I specialized in rescuing troubled departments and projects.
- I decided to make real estate my sole focus in 2003.
- My past experience translates directly into improved service for my clients. After all, if I can negotiate multi-Billion dollar contracts with the United States Government, I can negotiate successfully with anyone.
- My experience allows me to help clients analyze issues and data. My job is to make the complicated uncomplicated so YOU are empowered.
- My team and I are ready to serve you in all your real estate needs.
I’ve sold dozens of properties, both homes and investment properties, since becoming an agent. See this google map of my past property sales!
Awards & Real Estate Activities
- 2014 RE/MAX Platinum Club
- 2011 – 2013 RE/MAX 100% Club
- 2007 South Bay Brokers Rookie of the Year
- Past Chair of the South Bay Board of Realtors® MRMLS committee, which works to improve the MLS search capabilities for both the public and for Realtors®.
- President of a California Corporation, Equus Premiere Properties, Inc. which was formed to “flip” fixer properties when I come across properties that seem like good investments. To date, I have managed 5 major remodels with total budgets of approximately $850,000.
- Guest lecturer on flipping properties and Real Estate for the Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management to their MBA students.
- Michigan State University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Southern California (Fight On, Trojans!!)
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) credential, the “PhD of Real Estate” which is held by only 4 percent of Realtors nationwide.
- Certified Luxury Home Specialist with Million Dollar Guild Credential
- International Real Estate Specialist (IRES)
- Certified Probate Specialist (CPS)
- GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute, an intensive series of advanced coursework) designation
- Seniors Residential Specialist (SRES)
- Accredited Home Staging Professional (AHS)
- e-PRO (a designation certifying knowledge of internet marketing for Real Estate)
- Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Specialist (SFR)
- Certified HAFA Specialist (CHS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
I have lived in this area for over 30 years. I have two beautiful daughters who have both recently graduated from college, with my terrific husband, award winning architect Garth Sheriff, AIA, NCARB. In addition to work and family, I am the previous President and an associate member of Las Amigas De Las Lomas, a charitable organization that supports the Children’s Orthopaedic Hospital and I am also active in politics and serve as an usher at our church as well as a second soprano in our church choir.